Failed to register as Favorite Page
Failed to cancel as Favorite Page
This page is already registered as a Favorite Page
You can't add your company to your favorites.
Latest update： 27/04/2017 14:16:57
Lead Hamono Co., Ltd.
We are a group of experts on making cutting tools.
We are a cutting tool manufacturer established in 1978. Our company manufactures only made-to-order products for both woodworking and ironworking. Our products are delivered to major Japanese manufacturers such as TOTO and Kyocera. We have delivered products to TOTO’s overseas sites (direct transactions). All our employees are skilled workers. Our business flow involves exchanging general information over the phone, and then determining feasibility by examining drawings sent as email attachments. Detailed specifications are discussed in meetings that follow before we provide solutions. Around 90% of our existing customers are returning customers.
[Company strength] Our company is an SME manufacturer whose employees are all skilled workers. We used to make everything by hand using grinders, which we still do for some products. We have actively made capital investments to improve quality while maintaining the merits of hand-crafting that our customers desire in our made-to-order cutting tools. We were early to introduce the machining center C and five-axis machining tools among our peers in the woodworking industry. The standard software for these kinds of equipment does not achieve the same shape, precision, and other specifications, so we use self-developed software for this purpose. Our company also excels in quick problem-solving skills. [Business description] Our company has been a cutting tool manufacturer since 1978. We initially supplied blades and cutting tools for the wooden furniture industry, because we are located near Okawa City, which is a famous furniture production center in Fukuoka Prefecture. Participants at trade shows asked us about making cutting tools for ironworking and we actually received orders, which prompted us to add ironworking cutting tools to our product lineup. These products are made of cemented carbide. We excel at non-mass-produced products (from one or two to 20 pieces at the most) for special purposes that require customization, rather than mass production. This applies to both woodworking and ironworking cutting tool production. [Industry] Metal product manufacturing; machine blade manufacturing [Strength of products/technologies] We have the know-how to satisfy requests from designers in the woodworking field, especially for curved and rounded surfaces that affect the entire design. We can manufacture special end-mills and drills for vacuum chambers in the ironworking field. We can provide the exact, single product that the customer wants in both fields, and apply our creative originality to realize all the required details. Cutting tools are required to produce good cutting quality as well as good machining dust discharge. We simulate how dust flies out during machining, and create a design that prevents dust from piling up in the drilled hole, in the case of drilling tools. [Representative's message] Working on live wood presents a different set of difficulties than metals. We have improved our own cutting tool technologies in the course of serving such an industry. We specialize in custom-made articles in units of one or two items. This is because this is a niche field where our technologies are useful, but it is difficult to enter for major companies. Blades are necessary for machining and for enhancing precision no matter how different the customers’ products are, or how advanced 3D printers become. Our company name expresses our intention to work on composite materials and respond to overseas customers to lead the era with cutting tools. [Company structure for market development/overseas expansion] Our company does not have many employees, and no one is in charge of sales activities. We have followed the same process since the start of our business. We always listen to the general idea over the phone, check drawings attached to an email to determine feasibility, and discuss detailed specifications before production. This method had resulted in our current customer base in which 90% are returning customers. The remaining 10% are customers who came to know about us through trade shows or our website. We are not fluent in English, but we are willing to fulfill orders from overseas customers. [Awards and media coverage] [Awards] [Media] Business Support Fukuoka (September 2014). [Main Clients / Business History (domestic)] TOTO; Nanyo; Kyocera; Toyo Pneumatic Tool Mfg.; and so on.Note: Direct transactions. [Main Clients / Business History (overseas)] TOTO’s overseas sites in Shanghai, Beijing, and other locations.Note: Direct transactions.
This company is recommended by the following support organizations.
- Kyushu Head Office, SMRJ